Many think that because your venue has provided a coordinator and therefore there is no need to hire one of their own, and nothing could be farther from the truth. The venue's coordinator is just that, they simply coordinate activities that have to with the venue. When the ceremony starts, when cocktail hour begins, and when to start dinner (the one really nice thing - they make sure your drink is ALWAYS full)
Here are the things they will not take care of.
- Creating and Making sure welcome bags are distributed to the hotel guests
- Establishing a timeline for your Wedding Day
- Directing the Wedding Rehearsal
- Calling the Florist when they are late
- Reminding the Bridal Party that people are waiting to eat, and to speeches do not need to be 10 mins (nicely, of course)
- Making sure that Aunt Sue is in the family picture
The list goes on, your Wedding Coordinator will work closely with the venue coordinator to make sure that that the timeline and events go smoothly and they will work on any issues together with the venue.